I never realized when I started my blog what a wonderful group of people bloggers are! I have received such supportive feedback and comments, words of encouragement, as well as nominations for two awards so far. YAY
First – thanks so much to BecomingMadame. She nominated me for the Kreative Blogger Award and I can’t thank her enough. She is a fellow Parisian blogger who has a GREAT site filled with all things French. From fantastic recipes, culture, tips to find out of the way places, her most recent post on helping Ex Patriates through the bureaucratic maze of getting visas and other official paper work is brilliant and so needed. There is a reason that the word bureaucracy is French! Merci bien Madame! You are truly fabulous.
10 random things about me…
- Although I was born in Iowa, USA, I grew up in Tripoli, Libya. My parents were teachers and got jobs teaching in the American school there when I was 7.
- I am fluent in American Sign Language and worked with deaf people for 15+ years.
- My mother was a HomeEc teacher and started teaching me to cook as a young child. I have always loved to cook. It fills the artistic/creative part of my soul as well as challenging my scientific mind – especially in baking.
- I am a singer – I sing Tenor. Music is the other thing that fills my soul with joy.
- I have a wonderful yellow lab named Gus. I call him Gussy or Gustifer.
- I have an insatiable sweet tooth. Chocolate is # 1, Lemon is a close second.
- I love to eat 40% reduced fat Cape Cod potato chips while drinking champagne. The crunchy salty goes so well with the delish bubbly!
- I adore the British comedy team French and Saunders. I think they are hysterically funny.
- I would love to meet Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa, and Rosie O’Donnell, comedienne and talk show host.
- I believe that life is like cooking. Sometimes it comes out fabulously, sometimes not so great, sometimes you just gotta throw it out and start all over.
Second – Thanks to Elisa who’s blog Fun & Fabulousness is – well – fabulous! She nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award She has been so encouraging, I really appreciate all the support.
7 Random things about me:
- I’m addicted to the FoodNetwork.
- I know just enough French to get myself into a conversation but not to continue it…
- I have sung in Carnegie Hall.
- I love Mission/Arts and Crafts style homes, furniture, art, pottery, etc.
- I have more kitchen equipment, gadgets, tools, etc. than can fit in my kitchen and I’m always buying more!
- I have worked as an Instructional Designer/Organizational Change agent in several different industries.
- Although I love to cook, I often don’t cook just for myself. I’d rather have a house full of people to enjoy the food with me!
7 Blogs I enjoy and would like to nominate: